A Day In The A Blue Mountains.

Thanks for visiting my blog. I welcome you to take your time and browse , visiting my bush garden and discovering the wonders of my city within a national park; Blue Mountains National Park. Via my blog you will travel with me through the successes, trials and tribulations of gardening on a bush block. I share with you my patchwork & quilting, knitting, paper crafts, cooking and life in general.

Wednesday 9 March 2011

Dichondra Repens

Well, strawberries actually...

This is what is left of my strawberry patch.  I'm not very happy to say the least.  An escaped dichondra repens plant, which was transported into our garden in a potted plant, has completely taken over my strawberry patch.  Can you spot the strawberry plants?  I've decided to give up this plot to the dichondra for the time being but considering growing asparagus here as it is probably too shady for strawberries anyway.

Today I potted up some of the dichondra to replant later on into the bush garden beds.  For something so hard to grow, it's doing really well.  In fact it's almost taken over parts of the vegetable patch to the point where I now consider it a weed.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Welcome

I welcome your comments; they are little personal notes to me. I enjoy reading what each of you have to say. Thanks for dropping by.