A Day In The A Blue Mountains.

Thanks for visiting my blog. I welcome you to take your time and browse , visiting my bush garden and discovering the wonders of my city within a national park; Blue Mountains National Park. Via my blog you will travel with me through the successes, trials and tribulations of gardening on a bush block. I share with you my patchwork & quilting, knitting, paper crafts, cooking and life in general.

Tuesday 15 February 2011

Lazy Day.

Went to my little grand daughter's second ballet class this morning.  So cute. Four little girls, and one boy. 
Afterwards, I did a bit of shopping and then on returning home began preparing tonight's dinner - gluten free pizza.
I make a pizza which I call White Pizza.
I have eliminated any plant from the Solanaceae  family from my diet and therefore cannot have the regular pizza with tomato paste.
So on my pizza I have ricotta cheese, olives, roast zucchini, artichoke hearts, mozzarella cheese, herbs, (basil, marjoram, sage) mushrooms, pepper and olive oil.
Sometimes I add thinly sliced fennel to the mix.

A portion of the ricotta cheese is thinned with soy milk to a thick paste which I use in place of the tomato paste, spreading on the gluten free pizza base before adding the remaining ingredients. 
In the afternoon, I did some sewing on the curtains I'm making for the large sliding door in our dining room. 
And my little grand daughter had a play mate come and visit.
Here are the curtains, being pressed before measuring and pinning.
Since taking up patchwork and quilting classes, I have come to realise how much easier sewing can be, and how much more of a professional finish can be achieved simply by pressing as you work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Welcome

I welcome your comments; they are little personal notes to me. I enjoy reading what each of you have to say. Thanks for dropping by.