A Day In The A Blue Mountains.

Thanks for visiting my blog. I welcome you to take your time and browse , visiting my bush garden and discovering the wonders of my city within a national park; Blue Mountains National Park. Via my blog you will travel with me through the successes, trials and tribulations of gardening on a bush block. I share with you my patchwork & quilting, knitting, paper crafts, cooking and life in general.

Friday 11 February 2011

The Best Cheesecake In The World.


And makes a great birthday cake!
Here's the recipe:
No-bake Cheesecake
Makes 8 Servings or 6 individual servings.
Base: 
1 1/2 cups sweet biscuit crumbs (I use gluten free rice cookies).
1/3 cup butter melted.

Filling:
500g Philadelphia Brand Cream Cheese, softened at room temperature.
1 x 400g can condensed milk. 
1/3 cup lemon juice (don't use green lemons because it won't set).
1 teaspoon vanilla essence.

Combine biscuit crumbs and butter.  Press into the base of a 23cm pie plate or into 6 individual aluminium foil pie dishes; chill.
Beat cream cheese until smooth, and blend in condensed milk, lemon juice and vanilla essence; pour into crumb base.
Chill for 2-3 hours before serving.
Top with selection of fruits as desired.  (I use a layer of whipped cream on the filling before topping with fruit).
This cheese cake is so much more delicious if made at least 24 hours ahead.

In the past I have  frozen this cheesecake (before decorating or adding topping).  It keeps well.  That was in the days when we had a Meyer Lemon tree in our garden and it would crop heavily once a year.  To use up the lemons six cheesecakes would be prepared and then frozen.  Another favourite way of using up lemons was to make a still lemonade.
We have moved on from that house, which was on the Cumberland Plains of the Sydney Basin, and my family and I are now living in the Blue Mountains on the Great Dividing Range, about an hour's drive from Sydney.
Having a citrus tree in our present home is almost impossible...the possums just love the leaves and blossoms and unless the tree is fenced to keep the critters out there's not much chance of harvesting anything!

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Welcome

I welcome your comments; they are little personal notes to me. I enjoy reading what each of you have to say. Thanks for dropping by.