A Day In The A Blue Mountains.

Thanks for visiting my blog. I welcome you to take your time and browse , visiting my bush garden and discovering the wonders of my city within a national park; Blue Mountains National Park. Via my blog you will travel with me through the successes, trials and tribulations of gardening on a bush block. I share with you my patchwork & quilting, knitting, paper crafts, cooking and life in general.

Thursday 17 February 2011

Curtains - finally!

Measuring the drop. Almost there!

Da Daaa!

Before making curtains, a decision had to be made about whether they should be lined or unlined.
The large glass sliding doors opens up on to a long verandah which faces west.
Theoretically, for insulation purposes, lined curtains would be the most practical.
The only problem with this is that the lining would not let in much light.  A second netting curtain would alleviate this  but not offer much protection from the weather.  So in the end, the decision was made for a medium weight fabric, unlined, that would insulate the window from heat and cold yet allow some light into the room when drawn.
I'm pretty pleased with the result.
My Honey Pie made a box pelmet which is closed at the top.  This should prevent a draft happening in the cooler months and provide a better form of insulation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Welcome

I welcome your comments; they are little personal notes to me. I enjoy reading what each of you have to say. Thanks for dropping by.