A Day In The A Blue Mountains.

Thanks for visiting my blog. I welcome you to take your time and browse , visiting my bush garden and discovering the wonders of my city within a national park; Blue Mountains National Park. Via my blog you will travel with me through the successes, trials and tribulations of gardening on a bush block. I share with you my patchwork & quilting, knitting, paper crafts, cooking and life in general.

Tuesday 2 August 2011

The Sacred Three.

To save,
To shield,
To surround
The hearth,
The house,
The household,
This, eve,
This night,
Oh! This eve,
This night,
And every night,
Each single night.       CARMINA GADELICA.




If Candlemas Day is bright and clear,
there'll be two winters in the year.


File:Saint Brigid's cross.jpg

Photograph Source.  St. Brigid's Cross.

2 comments:

  1. Love the poem - haven't come across that before.

    Love Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leanne, this came from a book I refer to quite often, it's called Kindling The Celtic Spirit by Mara Freeman. You can check it out here:

    http://www.chalicecentre.net/kindlingthecelticspirit.htm

    http://www.chalicecentre.net/january.htm

    The Carmina Gadelica was written by Alexander Carmichael.

    ReplyDelete

Comments Welcome

I welcome your comments; they are little personal notes to me. I enjoy reading what each of you have to say. Thanks for dropping by.