A Day In The A Blue Mountains.

Thanks for visiting my blog. I welcome you to take your time and browse , visiting my bush garden and discovering the wonders of my city within a national park; Blue Mountains National Park. Via my blog you will travel with me through the successes, trials and tribulations of gardening on a bush block. I share with you my patchwork & quilting, knitting, paper crafts, cooking and life in general.

Friday 12 August 2011

Happy Birthday Dear Neighbour.

My neighbour and dear friend turned 68 today.
I baked a spice cake last night so I took her a square for her birthday.


I came home with the following beauty:
Camellia Japonica.

Isn't it perfect?

In amongst the natives, my friend's garden is laden with camellias of all colours.
This one is her favourite.
Such a beautiful specimen is enough to tempt me to include camellias in my native garden.
Mmmmm....
Sometimes my way of getting around exotics in my native garden is to plant them in containers.  
I'm not sure how camellias feel about being contained.  Guess I've got some research to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Welcome

I welcome your comments; they are little personal notes to me. I enjoy reading what each of you have to say. Thanks for dropping by.