A Day In The A Blue Mountains.

Thanks for visiting my blog. I welcome you to take your time and browse , visiting my bush garden and discovering the wonders of my city within a national park; Blue Mountains National Park. Via my blog you will travel with me through the successes, trials and tribulations of gardening on a bush block. I share with you my patchwork & quilting, knitting, paper crafts, cooking and life in general.

Wednesday 13 April 2011

I Hate Cooking

But that doesn't mean I'm a slouch in the kitchen!


Freshly picked sage from the garden.

Beetroot risotto topped with butter-fried sage, beetroot, Parmesan and balsamic vinegar.
I love eating risotto, I just don't like cooking it!
In Europe, I had risotto that was like a thick rice soup when served.
Unfortunately, that's not quite how it turns out when I cook risotto but I must say, I was impressed with tonight's end result.
Have you ever tried quickly frying sage leaves in butter?  It's absolutely yum.
The beetroot I used tonight was from Nashdale Farm and purchased at Penrith Farmers and Fine Food Market.  Even though I bought two bunches of beetroot two weeks ago, they were so fresh when we bought them that when I cooked them today, they were crisper than any I've bought at the supermarket.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Welcome

I welcome your comments; they are little personal notes to me. I enjoy reading what each of you have to say. Thanks for dropping by.