A Day In The A Blue Mountains.

Thanks for visiting my blog. I welcome you to take your time and browse , visiting my bush garden and discovering the wonders of my city within a national park; Blue Mountains National Park. Via my blog you will travel with me through the successes, trials and tribulations of gardening on a bush block. I share with you my patchwork & quilting, knitting, paper crafts, cooking and life in general.

Saturday 2 April 2011

Grilled Figs - Stuffed With Ricotta.

Hawkesbury Harvest Markets are on today.  I've already done my dash.  Have begun to realise that if one is not there by nine in the morning, lots of favourites are sold out.  Missed out on yumlicious fresh chicken from Drover's Choice.  


But look at what I found at John's Nashdale Stall.


And this is what I made:



For each serving you will need:
2 just ripe figs (I used Black Genoa).
About 100g of full fat ricotta cheese
1-2 teaspoons of pure maple syrup.


Heat grill.
Cut each fig in half from top to bottom
Stir maple syrup into ricotta cheese
Fill each fig-half with ricotta and maple syrup mixture, piling high.
Toast under a hot grill for 4 minutes.
Remove from grill and allow to cool for a minute.
Serve topped with a sprig of lemon balm.


I had these for a light lunch served on gluten free deli crackers made by Eskal.
The figs would make a great dessert served alongside a plate of cheeses and crackers.
For breakfast, serve on a thin slice of lightly buttered fruit toast.
Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Welcome

I welcome your comments; they are little personal notes to me. I enjoy reading what each of you have to say. Thanks for dropping by.