A Day In The A Blue Mountains.

Thanks for visiting my blog. I welcome you to take your time and browse , visiting my bush garden and discovering the wonders of my city within a national park; Blue Mountains National Park. Via my blog you will travel with me through the successes, trials and tribulations of gardening on a bush block. I share with you my patchwork & quilting, knitting, paper crafts, cooking and life in general.

Sunday 18 November 2012

Day 323/366


Without intending to, I ended up in Woollahra today; Queen Street to be exact, right slap bang in the middle of Woollahra Festival.
My Daughter, Youngest Sister, Grand Daughter, Mr Honey Pie and I had parked our cars not far from Centennial Park to walk to Crown Street in Surry Hills. (I know, I know, it's a long way and why would you park the car there if you want to go to Crown Street - but it's a long story, a really long story).
Anyway, what we actually did is walk from Ocean Street, along Queen Street to Oxford Street and then caught the bus to Crown Street.
We meet up with extended family at our favourite vegetarian restaurant Yullis for lunch to celebrate three family birthdays.
I wish I had lots of photos to show everyone but in all honesty, not only did I not take many photos, but what I did take weren't all that good.
As part of the Woolhara Festival  retail outlets and residents partook of the festivities by displaying their wares on the foot path or in their front gardens.
The above very colourful 'pendant' caught my eye outside the Queen Street Gallery.
It is made from discarded plastic bottles and it rather appealed to me.

Lunch celebrations lasted for over three hours and then my Daughter, Sisters and Nieces went off to the Coldplay concert in Sydney. 
Other members of the family rode their bikes home.  Mr Honey Pie, our Grand Daughter and I went across the road to the park so that our GD could burn off some energy before walking down the big hill that is Foveaux Street, hopping on the train, and heading for home
  

5 comments:

  1. I love those zingy colours!

    Sounds like you had such a lovely family time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a great day, thanks Kath.
      I love the house colour. I'm wondering how my neighbours would like it...we're looking for a new house colour for our little cottage...at the moment it's a very faded terracotta colour called 'berry orange'.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a great day!!! Love the light & the color of the building!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a wonderful day thanks TT. Even the sun shone for us. I wish I had more time to wander through the street to take more photographs!

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful colourful house and ornament. Sounds like you had a lovely day! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments Welcome

I welcome your comments; they are little personal notes to me. I enjoy reading what each of you have to say. Thanks for dropping by.