A Day In The A Blue Mountains.

Thanks for visiting my blog. I welcome you to take your time and browse , visiting my bush garden and discovering the wonders of my city within a national park; Blue Mountains National Park. Via my blog you will travel with me through the successes, trials and tribulations of gardening on a bush block. I share with you my patchwork & quilting, knitting, paper crafts, cooking and life in general.

Saturday 22 September 2012

Day 266/366





Is is a coincidence that my orchid should bloom on Spring Equinox?
Usually, they bloom early September but the last two it's been later.
I know this because I usually cut a spike to give to my mother for her birthday on the 15th September, but she's missed out for two years in a row now.

4 comments:

  1. This is stunning!
    A wonderful shot and beautiful orchid flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree ladies. Sweet Pea your photographs shows off these stunning flowers beautifully :)
    (Apologies if you get 2 similar comments from me, I was having computer problems and lost everything I posted on your photos :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, this all happened quite by accident. I was photographing the orchids to sell on a garage sale site I belong to and wasn't at all fussy about the photo. The plant was mostly in shade with a few slants of sun falling on the flowers. I did crop the photo and darkened it a bit. I liked the effect. Now I'm thinking I can use shade and light to my advantage in future. I'm hoping that it's a case of learning through my mistakes? Thanks to you all for your lovely comments.

    ReplyDelete

Comments Welcome

I welcome your comments; they are little personal notes to me. I enjoy reading what each of you have to say. Thanks for dropping by.