A Day In The A Blue Mountains.

Thanks for visiting my blog. I welcome you to take your time and browse , visiting my bush garden and discovering the wonders of my city within a national park; Blue Mountains National Park. Via my blog you will travel with me through the successes, trials and tribulations of gardening on a bush block. I share with you my patchwork & quilting, knitting, paper crafts, cooking and life in general.

Friday 10 February 2012

Day 41/366

Walking On Sunshine.

Last night was a nightmare.
Up to eight o'clock this morning over 64mm of rain had fallen in the past twenty four hours.

This morning I woke to sunshine.


Everything was dripping drops of rain.


The mist rose in the valley.

The lorikeets were so excited to see the sun they came for a visit.

By early afternoon, the rain was back, accompanied by thunder.
But I can happily tell you that as I write this, less than 30mm of rain has fallen in the past twenty four hours.


8 comments:

  1. So amazing that we can live in such different climates - we are still in a drought period!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laurie, while parts of the east coast of Australia are being inundated, just like in your case, there are large areas that are in drought. We are in summer now and I don't remember a summer as wet as this year's ever before.

      Delete
  2. Oh good, looks like Blogger is letting me post today :). Love your 'rainy day(lol, week?)' photos and the lorikeets certainly brighten the view!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robyn, I'm really over this weather, but yes, there's always something to distract us from all the wet.

      Delete
  3. Wow!! What great pictures! Love the area where u live!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No matter where we go on holiday T.T., I'm always happy to come home!

      Delete
  4. Lovely photos to celebrate a bit of sunshine. Those lorikeets are such cheerful birds aren't they? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love the lorikeets Helen, they visit when it suits them and can be very inquisitive when they do.

      Delete

Comments Welcome

I welcome your comments; they are little personal notes to me. I enjoy reading what each of you have to say. Thanks for dropping by.