A Day In The A Blue Mountains.

Thanks for visiting my blog. I welcome you to take your time and browse , visiting my bush garden and discovering the wonders of my city within a national park; Blue Mountains National Park. Via my blog you will travel with me through the successes, trials and tribulations of gardening on a bush block. I share with you my patchwork & quilting, knitting, paper crafts, cooking and life in general.

Sunday 22 May 2011

Calorie Free Cupcakes.

On a sunny Sunday morning, my Daughter, Grand Daughter and I sat around in our pjs and made cupcakes.  Out of felt.



Sequined cupcakes,

all sorts of cupcakes and all calorie free!
All you need to make one of these cupcakes are two circles of felt, from the two colours of your choice and of the same size.  Stitch your desired decorations to one circle (the top/icing) before stitching the two circles together using embroidery thread and leaving a small gap to stuff polyester toy filling into the cupcake.  Stitch using a running stitch about 1/4 inch from edge.  Then pull the thread tight to achieve a ruffle effect(imitating a patty pan) before sewing up the gap and tying off.


In the afternoon I planted some broad beans and this little yellow breasted robin came along and helped.


Then we sat on the front verandah and had afternoon tea, with cupcakes....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Welcome

I welcome your comments; they are little personal notes to me. I enjoy reading what each of you have to say. Thanks for dropping by.