A Day In The A Blue Mountains.

Thanks for visiting my blog. I welcome you to take your time and browse , visiting my bush garden and discovering the wonders of my city within a national park; Blue Mountains National Park. Via my blog you will travel with me through the successes, trials and tribulations of gardening on a bush block. I share with you my patchwork & quilting, knitting, paper crafts, cooking and life in general.

Thursday, 12 May 2011

A Funny Week.

Funny little things have been going on this week.
I've continued my Bowen Therapy which has given me stellar results and encouraged me to walk everyday.  I've been walking between two and four kilometres per day.
On Wednesday I reported a sewer manhole leak to Sydney Water which resulted in a workman coming out immediately but not fixing the problem.  The stench has been about for two weeks prior to this but didn't realise just where it was coming from.
I suspect this workman was supposed to put a report in for more work to be done but nothing eventuated and on Saturday we reported it again.  Sunday saw another workman come out (while we were all out) who 'flushed the system' but with no apparent results. He left a message on our answering machine telling us all was okay at their end and that we should now call a plumber if there were further problems.
After a third call to Sydney Water on Sunday night, they refused point blank to do any further work or inspections.  We reported the situation to the government body for the environment and they told us that they would call Council and Sydney Water the next day.
Well, the next day, the stench got worse and by six that night we had heard nothing.  Called Sydney Water once more and it took a lot of convincing to get one of their supervisors to call us back.  Finally we were able to convince him that there was a problem, it was not on our property and that if it was a manhole leaking on a footpath across the road from our property, then it was not our problem but theirs.  We were simply reporting a problem.
Happy ending, they had reported to the wrong manhole on the Sunday and on Monday night, the choke had been cleared and the area disinfected.
Yesterday, my Youngest Son cut his finger at apprenticeship school and is waiting to see if he has done any damage to his tendon.  His girlfriend is away with work at the moment so has no one to look after him and I can't believe how much I feel my children's pain.  Hoping that all will recover fully for him.
Mother's Day went beautifully, I'll post some photos of my beautiful gifts.  
The weather has been temperamental...beautiful one day, gloomy the next.  Snow at Blackheath (or as we call it Bleakheath), last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Welcome

I welcome your comments; they are little personal notes to me. I enjoy reading what each of you have to say. Thanks for dropping by.