A Day In The A Blue Mountains.

Thanks for visiting my blog. I welcome you to take your time and browse , visiting my bush garden and discovering the wonders of my city within a national park; Blue Mountains National Park. Via my blog you will travel with me through the successes, trials and tribulations of gardening on a bush block. I share with you my patchwork & quilting, knitting, paper crafts, cooking and life in general.

Saturday 7 May 2011

Mother's Day Preparations.

In anticipation of Mother's Day I had afternoon tea at Tara Tea Room today, with three of my beautiful children and my gorgeous Grand Daughter.
What spectacular weather.  What a spectacular outlook.  Really felt like I was back in the nineteenth century, until I looked up and saw the Sydney Harbour Bridge towering over the beautiful buildings of  The Rocks!
The Rocks Weekend Markets were on - so not a motor vehicle in sight.
Our selection of scones included pumpkin, cherry ripe and date, served with a delightful variety of jams and creams.  The mood was very relaxed.
My Youngest Son presented me with the most exquisitely wrapped gift voucher to have tea at The Tea Room,  Queen Victoria Building and a copy of Elizabeth Gilbert's book Eat Pray Love.
Tomorrow we're walking into Springwood early morning for coffee at the Pink Papaya, then lunch at Older Twin Sister's house.
I've prepared Grated Beetroot Russian Style to share with the extended family.
Let me be one of the first to wish all you delightful mothers out there a happy Australian Mother's Day 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Welcome

I welcome your comments; they are little personal notes to me. I enjoy reading what each of you have to say. Thanks for dropping by.