A Day In The A Blue Mountains.

Thanks for visiting my blog. I welcome you to take your time and browse , visiting my bush garden and discovering the wonders of my city within a national park; Blue Mountains National Park. Via my blog you will travel with me through the successes, trials and tribulations of gardening on a bush block. I share with you my patchwork & quilting, knitting, paper crafts, cooking and life in general.

Monday 28 January 2013

Post Australia Day




Lamingtons are a traditional Australian cake.

Squares of sponge cake are dipped in chocolate icing and then coated in dessicated coconut.

I made these in a gluten free version.
It's the first time I've made lamingtons from scratch.  When my three older children were in primary school the mothers used to have fund raising drives by making and selling lamingtons at the school. We bought slabs of cake from the bakery and turned them into lamingtons.  Boy were they a hit.
These ones are a hit too!
I wanted to make them for Australia Day proper (26th January) but the weather has been too much to handle.  At 43 degrees centigrade plus, there was no way I was going to turn on the oven to bake anything!
Today, well, the weather's been a bit kinder.  Temperature wise anyway.  Precipitation wise it's been very cruel indeed.
Springwood broke its record for the highest daily rainfall with a 122.8mm (4.93in) in a twenty four hour period.
But then, this is Australia! 


2 comments:

Comments Welcome

I welcome your comments; they are little personal notes to me. I enjoy reading what each of you have to say. Thanks for dropping by.