A Day In The A Blue Mountains.

Thanks for visiting my blog. I welcome you to take your time and browse , visiting my bush garden and discovering the wonders of my city within a national park; Blue Mountains National Park. Via my blog you will travel with me through the successes, trials and tribulations of gardening on a bush block. I share with you my patchwork & quilting, knitting, paper crafts, cooking and life in general.

Saturday 11 August 2012

Day 224/366


My most favourite tree in the world is the Boab Tree, sometimes known as the bottle tree.
They grow mostly in northern parts of Australia; Queensland, Northern Territory and Western Australian.
Some Boab Trees in Western Australia have an infamous history, and were once used for temporary goals to house indigenous Australian prisoners.
We came across many fine specimens today, at Carter's Corner, Queensland.
Some are so old, they cannot have an age accorded to them.

Here is a link to a previous blog for a little more information about boab trees in Australia.





3 comments:

  1. They are such interesting trees, great photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I do love bottle trees too.
    They remind me always of my childhood.

    ReplyDelete

Comments Welcome

I welcome your comments; they are little personal notes to me. I enjoy reading what each of you have to say. Thanks for dropping by.