A Day In The A Blue Mountains.

Thanks for visiting my blog. I welcome you to take your time and browse , visiting my bush garden and discovering the wonders of my city within a national park; Blue Mountains National Park. Via my blog you will travel with me through the successes, trials and tribulations of gardening on a bush block. I share with you my patchwork & quilting, knitting, paper crafts, cooking and life in general.

Thursday 13 October 2011

Visitors To The Garden.

Today the sun was shining, the sky was blue, the temperature mild.



So is it a surprise that this yellow tailed black cockatoo should visit the garden for a feast of banksia seeds?
Never mind the mess left behind by the flock of three.
Or that we've been woken at six on a number of mornings by shredded banksia cones dropping on the roof just above our heads as we sleep!


And should it be a surprise that this little fellow came out to bask in the sun?
Especially since we've rarely seen the sun since the first day of spring?
The second week of October and I've had to turn the heating on again.
Is that rain I hear dripping down the downpipes?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Welcome

I welcome your comments; they are little personal notes to me. I enjoy reading what each of you have to say. Thanks for dropping by.