A Day In The A Blue Mountains.

Thanks for visiting my blog. I welcome you to take your time and browse , visiting my bush garden and discovering the wonders of my city within a national park; Blue Mountains National Park. Via my blog you will travel with me through the successes, trials and tribulations of gardening on a bush block. I share with you my patchwork & quilting, knitting, paper crafts, cooking and life in general.

Sunday 12 May 2013

Afternoon Tea - Mother's Day

In Australia,

Mother's Day is celebrated on 


the second Sunday in May.




I was lucky enough to have all my children (residing in Sydney) spend the day with me.



In the afternoon we




visited extended family for lunch-which was quickly followed by afternoon tea.


I was also very lucky to receive a surprise in the mail from our eldest son and our new daughter in law, just in time for Mother's Day.

How did you spend Mother's Day?
When is Mother's Day celebrated in  your country?

Linking to Terri's
Teacup Tuesday
and 





10 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day!
    What a lovely outdoor tea! Your china is so fun and festive in pretty colors! That is a fab tea pot! I love your tea cup too. Very nice look for spring. How wonderful you had your family with you. And your gifts from your son and new daughter in law look lovely too.
    I had a lovely day with my two youngest and hubby. We did a little antique shopping and came home to a nice roast dinner : )
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for dropping by Terri. This is my sister's china. I know I didn't mention it in my post...her first ever and we all think she's hooked!
      I'm glad to hear that you had a lovely mother's day too!

      Delete
  2. Your tea is lovely and looks delicious! You are so blessed to have your children to spend Mother's Day with you. Lovely post.


    Peace,
    Linda at The French Hens Nest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeannie and Linda. Nice to have you visit.

      Delete
  3. How very cute everything looks. How fun to have an outdoor tea. Love your teapot. Have a wonderful week. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Martha, it is now autumn "down under" and we were lucky to have the perfect weather for a back garden afternoon tea. It was an unexpected surprise for most of the family. Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. Your tea looks so colorful and pretty! We had a dinner cooked by the men and spent the day relaxing and visiting with extended family while the children played. I'm your newest follower! sandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandy, unfortunately the men in our family are hugely outnumbered by the women but luckily we have enough women that are not yet mothers to allow us to sit back and relax.
      Thanks for following!

      Delete
  5. Dear Sweet Pea,
    I really love your teapot. So cheerful. Nothing better than having all of your children around you. I have four but they live in four different states so too far to all get together.
    What a pleasant outdoor tea.
    Ruthie from: http://www.ladybstimefortea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like you had a great birthday Ruthie! Belated happy birthday.
      Yes, we have four children too and at one stage we had two living interstate and one overseas. At the time I did miss them so and feel very happy now that 3 of them live closer to us.
      Thanks for your lovely comments.

      Delete

Comments Welcome

I welcome your comments; they are little personal notes to me. I enjoy reading what each of you have to say. Thanks for dropping by.