A Day In The A Blue Mountains.

Thanks for visiting my blog. I welcome you to take your time and browse , visiting my bush garden and discovering the wonders of my city within a national park; Blue Mountains National Park. Via my blog you will travel with me through the successes, trials and tribulations of gardening on a bush block. I share with you my patchwork & quilting, knitting, paper crafts, cooking and life in general.

Sunday 23 October 2011

Cymbidium Orchids

Some plants seem to thrive on neglect.
Last year my cymbidium orchids missed out on all the lavish attention because Mr Honey Pie & I spent five months on a trip around Australia.
Although the spikes are not as long as they have been in the past, the individual flowers are the showiest I remember them in the thirty odd years I've been growing this variety.
I grew these from a discarded pseudobulb given to me by a neighbour.
Nurturing it without any expectations has seen amazing results and over the years I have run out of people to gift new plants to.
This is probably the first time in a very long time that I haven't got a spare pot or two or three waiting in the side lines ready to give away.
Instead, I have four pots of my own, spotted about the entrances to our home, receiving praises every time a visitor comes to the door.  Or simply admired by me and Mr Honey Pie every time we leave or enter the house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Welcome

I welcome your comments; they are little personal notes to me. I enjoy reading what each of you have to say. Thanks for dropping by.