A Day In The A Blue Mountains.

Thanks for visiting my blog. I welcome you to take your time and browse , visiting my bush garden and discovering the wonders of my city within a national park; Blue Mountains National Park. Via my blog you will travel with me through the successes, trials and tribulations of gardening on a bush block. I share with you my patchwork & quilting, knitting, paper crafts, cooking and life in general.

Monday 5 September 2011

Saturday Lunch.

The last time I made these I'd forgotten to photograph them before the family had tucked in.
So here's a photograph that I took last Saturday. 

I made two rounds of the shortbread and gift wrapped one to give to Second Son.  We visited him for lunch at his home in Sydney's Inner West.  I love taking a small gift of food whenever we are invited to friends or family for a meal.
I added a beautiful tag for effect (with graphic from The Graphics Fairy) and some lavender coloured ribbon (of course).  SS was duly impressed.
After a scrumptious lunch of rye bread club sandwiches and mini pavlovas (that my daughter made) we went to Sydney Park to walk off a few calories.  
Grand Daughter was overwhelmed by the playground facilities available at the park. What a wonderful use of space (which once housed a clay extraction and waste disposal site).  The park includes wetlands, dog-off-leash area, amazing playground equipment, a dedicated children's push bike/scooter training area, fitness park, walking paths and great views. 

It is Sydney's largest park.

I didn't take my camera, so photographs are not great as they were taken on my mobile phone.
These chimneys are remnant landmarks from the clay extraction works.

Sculpture on top of the hill.  Sydney Park, Petersham.
After our walk and play in the park we returned to Second Son's house for afternoon tea... kumquat and poppy seed cake, chocolate brownies (both made by SS) and lavender shortbread, with tea or coffee.What a perfect way to spend an afternoon.



I'm linking this post to:

2 comments:

  1. These look lovely. I don't know if my lavender is too dried for this, but will you please share your recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris, thanks for dropping by. I used culinary lavender for mine, but I don't see why you couldn't use lavender from your garden. Make sure that it's free from pesticides etc.
    Here is the link for recipe.
    http://lifeisapumpkin.blogspot.com/p/recipes.html
    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete

Comments Welcome

I welcome your comments; they are little personal notes to me. I enjoy reading what each of you have to say. Thanks for dropping by.