A Day In The A Blue Mountains.

Thanks for visiting my blog. I welcome you to take your time and browse , visiting my bush garden and discovering the wonders of my city within a national park; Blue Mountains National Park. Via my blog you will travel with me through the successes, trials and tribulations of gardening on a bush block. I share with you my patchwork & quilting, knitting, paper crafts, cooking and life in general.

Tuesday 20 September 2011

Dunn's Swamp and Bushfire Season.


After a relaxing and breathtakingly quiet weekend camped at Dunn's Swamp we have returned to a scary situation here in the beautiful Blue Mountains.
As we returned home yesterday evening, we were passed by a multitude of fire fighting vehicles on the way to a  bushfire at Leura.
Today it's a ferociously windy day with smoke in the air.
I had planned to do laundry duty today. 
Instead I'm spurred on to prepare an emergency pack in case of bushfire.
We live in an extreme bushfire zone. Exit is via a one way out road. Bushland spans the entire south western side.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Welcome

I welcome your comments; they are little personal notes to me. I enjoy reading what each of you have to say. Thanks for dropping by.