A Day In The A Blue Mountains.

Thanks for visiting my blog. I welcome you to take your time and browse , visiting my bush garden and discovering the wonders of my city within a national park; Blue Mountains National Park. Via my blog you will travel with me through the successes, trials and tribulations of gardening on a bush block. I share with you my patchwork & quilting, knitting, paper crafts, cooking and life in general.

Thursday 24 April 2014

Almost Finished

A quilt isn't quite finished until it is labelled right?
So, I'm still contemplating what I should have on the label.  But other than that, my Sister's quilt is ready to gift for her sixtieth birthday.  Her birthday is next week but I think I can stretch this out until the party which is the week after. I like to embroider most of my labels so it will take a bit of extra time.  
In the meantime, I hope you enjoy seeing the unlabelled but otherwise finished quilt.  

My apologies for the yellow tinge to some of the photos,  I took them at night. 




This frill neck lizard is finished off in 3D. 


Kookaburra


Sturt's Desert Pea


Waratah Flower




My sister made the appliqued/machine embroidered blocks many years ago.  She gave them to me when I took up patchwork and quilting and I've hung onto them for some years now.  I hope she likes what I've done with them! 
I did some free motion quilting in the floral blocks and the rest was quilted in the ditch. 

Linking to 


2 comments:

  1. Oh D, that is wonderful. I'm sure your sister will love what you did with her blocks and what a splendid surprise birthday gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kath, I've fallen in love with the colours! I'm sure she'll love it.

      Delete

Comments Welcome

I welcome your comments; they are little personal notes to me. I enjoy reading what each of you have to say. Thanks for dropping by.