A Day In The A Blue Mountains.

Thanks for visiting my blog. I welcome you to take your time and browse , visiting my bush garden and discovering the wonders of my city within a national park; Blue Mountains National Park. Via my blog you will travel with me through the successes, trials and tribulations of gardening on a bush block. I share with you my patchwork & quilting, knitting, paper crafts, cooking and life in general.

Wednesday 14 August 2013

WIP Wednesday.


My sister's quilt is almost done!
I'm half way through the handstitching of the binding.


I've fallen in love with everything about this quilt and I think I will be doing another, this time for our own bed.
I'm proud to say, I've even done the machine quilting on this.  The fact that it's a quilt as you go means I can!


I've also been doing a lot of knitting but I've forgotten to take photographs...Der!
With the yarn above I've knitted a pair of bed slippers for myself, my daughter and my grand daughter.  I've also knitted a pair of leg warmers for Miss Five, but unfortunately, they don't stay up when she's dancing.  I think the acrylic yarn just doesn't spring back.  I'm not a fan of acrylic yarn but I just couldn't afford to pay seven dollars a ball for pure wool.  I'm going to have to put my thinking cap on to work around this hitch.


Laugh out loud (I'll let you!) Here are my slippers.  I'm wearing socks under them. I wear them around the house and it's amazing how warm they keep my tootsies. 


And I found this delicious fabric on sale at Post Office Patchwork Glenbrook.
I can feel a few new cushions coming up for our lounge room.
In the meantime, I'm planning my next quilt, a commission to complement this quilt.
Baby Ethan now has a sister and he is no longer a baby but the cutest little boy.
Their mummy would like a matching quilt for the new addition.
Like the first one I made, this one will be going to England.
Well, I have soooo many quilting projects on the go...but really they're all in remission...one day...
If you look here, all these quilts except for completed quilt 2 (Dr Seuss)and quilt 4, have not seen any progress.

And now...I've got laundry to peg out.

I'm linking to Freshly Pieced WIP wednesday.


WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

2 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to a good look at your sisters quilt, the little glimpses of it look lovely.
    I didn't laugh at your socks, I was jealous!

    ReplyDelete

Comments Welcome

I welcome your comments; they are little personal notes to me. I enjoy reading what each of you have to say. Thanks for dropping by.