A Day In The A Blue Mountains.

Thanks for visiting my blog. I welcome you to take your time and browse , visiting my bush garden and discovering the wonders of my city within a national park; Blue Mountains National Park. Via my blog you will travel with me through the successes, trials and tribulations of gardening on a bush block. I share with you my patchwork & quilting, knitting, paper crafts, cooking and life in general.

Saturday 27 October 2012

Day 301/366


Thanks Costa for allowing me to take your photograph today.
It's a pity that my little Grand Daughter was a bit shy and wouldn't join you in the shot.
But she did recognize you and said to me: Nanna, there's the man on TV. 
If it wasn't for her I may have missed you completely!

I'm really sad that your workshops were sold out and that we could not attend.
I hope that another opportunity presents itself!

At
Festival of the Green
Springwood Public School


At the festival we also saw scarecrows 


one very happy pig


a very unusual hen


a goat or two


rabbits


a guinea pig


and ponies.

We listened to ukuleles, and munched on chocolate cup cakes.

And that was all before going home to a birthday party for our Grand Daughter who turns five next week. 


This year's theme: Octonauts (for the uninitiated, read underwater/animal theme.
(And who said dogs don't belong underwater?)


The birthday cake


the table centrepiece


the jellyfish


the party hats with a difference


the animal infirmary
(yes, that's right, the animal infirmary)


the googly eyed fish piñata 


and for those of you who were wondering what the dyed pasta was for, brightly coloured shells for necklaces


and ten very happy little friends.

Are you tired yet?

I am!























6 comments:

  1. I love the melon centre piece, I must remember that next time we have a party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful post.
    The festival looks like a great day and a very Happy Birthday to your dear granddaughter :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS I am so amazed that we are so far into our challenge now... It's gone by so quickly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And a good time was had by all? I think so SP. Those party arrangements looked great - Dsve

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cool you got to met the garden guy!!! Love the animals!!! Wow what a great idea for a birthday party!! I'm sure fun was had by all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous day for you all! Happy Birthday to your special granddaughter, her party looked wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments Welcome

I welcome your comments; they are little personal notes to me. I enjoy reading what each of you have to say. Thanks for dropping by.