A Day In The A Blue Mountains.

Thanks for visiting my blog. I welcome you to take your time and browse , visiting my bush garden and discovering the wonders of my city within a national park; Blue Mountains National Park. Via my blog you will travel with me through the successes, trials and tribulations of gardening on a bush block. I share with you my patchwork & quilting, knitting, paper crafts, cooking and life in general.

Friday 16 August 2013

CFS Update.

Just when I thought I was free of this dreaded malaise, it strikes again.
What do you say to someone when they ask: "So what's wrong this time?" And "How is it different from yesterday?" Like it's been a month since yesterday!
It does make me angry when I have to "explain" every symptom I'm feeling.
The fact that I have two huge cold sores on my mouth seems to make no difference to how they perceive me.
I don't have a sore throat, I don't have a cough, I don't have a headache, I don't have a fever, I tell you I don't.
These are things that others want to hear.
They don't want to hear; "I feel like c.r.a.p." if it's not qualified and quantified.
They don't want to hear; "I've got no energy" without a reason for this lack.
They don't want hear; "I've got brain fog" because they've got no idea what brain fog is.
Yet, if they were hung over...

For the record; I do have brain fog, I do have fatigue, I do have pain all down the right side of my body, and I do need to sleep today.  And that's exactly how I felt yesterday too.
Tomorrow?  Who knows how I'll feel tomorrow.
In the meantime, I don't want sympathy, just understanding.
And to be over this illness.




2 comments:

  1. I do understand. I have some nerve damage to my leg and I HATE having to explain it to people and explain that I can only walk or stand for 20 mins before I have to sit down and if we are going out for the whole day, I will need to be able to do that regularly throughout the day.
    For years I worked in Adult social care and without exception, people would say to me, if I had a broken leg, others would understand, but because my (mental) illness can't be seen, people judge me as having nothing wrong with me and that I ought to pull myself together.
    Hope you are having a better day today xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sympathies. I was born with a minor back defect and mostly it doesn't bother me as I know what I can and can't do. I gave up trying to work in Centre childcare as I was expected to nurse discontented children for long periods and my back wouldn't take it, and that was while I was doing practicals for training. If some people can't see your problem they think you don't have one. I feel sorry for them as they are missing out on knowing some great people they've written off as "pikers" thinking we are making excuses when it's just that we won't put our own health at further risk. Don't let these people bring you down and just make sure you look after yourself. Don't explain either - if they need explanations they probably won't understand anyway, so don't waste your time and oxygen on them.
    Cheers, Robyn

    ReplyDelete

Comments Welcome

I welcome your comments; they are little personal notes to me. I enjoy reading what each of you have to say. Thanks for dropping by.