A Day In The A Blue Mountains.

Thanks for visiting my blog. I welcome you to take your time and browse , visiting my bush garden and discovering the wonders of my city within a national park; Blue Mountains National Park. Via my blog you will travel with me through the successes, trials and tribulations of gardening on a bush block. I share with you my patchwork & quilting, knitting, paper crafts, cooking and life in general.

Friday 17 January 2014

Heat Wave

We have been sweltering these past few days. Top temperatures have been hovering just below 39 oC.
Outdoor activity has become almost negligible unless performed before nine in the morning.
So I thought it would be appropriate to share this ice cream recipe I have fallen in love with.

 It is a very simple recipe and there is no need for an ice cream machine, which is great because I don't have one and don't really want another kitchen appliance.

I love it too because it's egg free and there's no messy syrups to make.

I haven't purchased store bought ice cream for months now, since I discovered these easy instructions.
It's a great recipe to make with Little Miss Six because, as she told me when I asked her if she'd make scones with me, no thanks Nanna, you do it because I get bored. 

I have made this at ten o'clock at night and believe me...it's done and dusted in fifteen minutes! Just long enough to hold a six year old's attention span.

Home Made Ice Cream |

Stay at Home Mum 

600ml cream  (I usually use pouring cream but I have also used Jersey Double Cream by Moo & More when I can get it.)
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 can Condensed Milk
Using an electric mixer beat cream until it begins to thicken.  
Adding the vanilla continue beating until a light whipped cream forms.  
Slowly add condensed milk and keep beating until mixture thickens and becomes a nice cream.  
Pour into a container and freeze until hard.(At least for 6 hours).

(I like to use a ceramic dish with straight sides for pouring my ice cream into.  Then I cover with a sheet of baking paper cut to size before placing in the freezer).


(And I always chill my beaters, bowls and dish beforehand.  It's a good idea to serve the ice cream at least five minutes before you need it to allow it to soften a little.)



4 comments:

  1. that sounds delicious, I agree, it's so easy to give in to temptation and add another gadget to our kitchens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your ice cream looks wonderful...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this icecream ... I also add a shot of coffee to the mix or even some raisins soaked in rum for awhile ... delish. Love reading your posts too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by Jane, I'll be sure to stop over and visit your blog.
      Yes, I've wondered about 'adding' to this recipe...I make this for my Grand Daughter and to make affogato because it's the only way I drink coffee...I'm afraid I'm not much of a coffee fan. Lol.

      Delete

Comments Welcome

I welcome your comments; they are little personal notes to me. I enjoy reading what each of you have to say. Thanks for dropping by.