A Day In The A Blue Mountains.

Thanks for visiting my blog. I welcome you to take your time and browse , visiting my bush garden and discovering the wonders of my city within a national park; Blue Mountains National Park. Via my blog you will travel with me through the successes, trials and tribulations of gardening on a bush block. I share with you my patchwork & quilting, knitting, paper crafts, cooking and life in general.

Thursday 9 May 2013

Mother's Day 2013


In Australia we celebrate Mother's Day on the second Sunday in May.
I haven't shared any card making of late so I thought I'd take the opportunity to share the card I made for my Mum this coming Sunday.
The torn heart card has been coloured with chalks. 
I've applied the KISS principle here. 
As my Mum ages, I find it more and more difficult to find a suitable gift for her.
I'm beginning to understand her requests for 'no gifts', and 'spending time with family' as I grow older too.

Last week I caught her admiring a succulent that is growing in my garden.
A piece had fallen off one of the plants and I could see that she was itching to take it home with her.  She is a proud woman and no way would she ask to have the 'cutting'.
I've inherited some nice ceramic pots so I'm thinking I might give her a much larger and well established version of the plant in one of these pots.
Over the years she has propagated countless plants and now that she is losing her garden in her eightieth year, I recognize signs in her behaviour showing how much she still wants to continue with her favourite pass time.

I know the gift she'll love most is having her children, grandchildren and great granddaughter spend the afternoon with her.


What are you planning for your Mum on Mother's Day? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Welcome

I welcome your comments; they are little personal notes to me. I enjoy reading what each of you have to say. Thanks for dropping by.