A Day In The A Blue Mountains.

Thanks for visiting my blog. I welcome you to take your time and browse , visiting my bush garden and discovering the wonders of my city within a national park; Blue Mountains National Park. Via my blog you will travel with me through the successes, trials and tribulations of gardening on a bush block. I share with you my patchwork & quilting, knitting, paper crafts, cooking and life in general.

Sunday 24 March 2013

Busy Cooking


I've been cooking treats to give as Easter gifts to my amazing sewing buddies.
I'll pack these into pretty bundles.


In Australia, pumpkin scones are very popular.
Pumpkin is at its peak at the moment so I thought I'd try my hand at some.
I received a huge Queensland Blue pumpkin at the last Crop and Swap so here is my result.
Eating wheat free means that scones are just about off the menu for me and most attempts at gluten free scones have been disappointing to say the least.
I'm happy to say that these are the closest thing to normal scones I've been able to achieve.
I'm still experimenting because my dough was too wet to work and I had to add another cup of flour before I had anything resembling dough.
But they are proving to be a hit with the family.


2 comments:

  1. They look lovely. I have never tried to bake with pumpkin, it's not something that the English seem to do. My Aunt however, since her return from a trip to America, makes pumpkin muffins which were very light.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kath, I don't know what I'd do without pumpkin - we have it baked, mashed, as soup, in frittata...
      We have a variety called Kent or Japanese which is very sweet and tasty and which we prefer.

      Delete

Comments Welcome

I welcome your comments; they are little personal notes to me. I enjoy reading what each of you have to say. Thanks for dropping by.