A Day In The A Blue Mountains.

Thanks for visiting my blog. I welcome you to take your time and browse , visiting my bush garden and discovering the wonders of my city within a national park; Blue Mountains National Park. Via my blog you will travel with me through the successes, trials and tribulations of gardening on a bush block. I share with you my patchwork & quilting, knitting, paper crafts, cooking and life in general.

Thursday 17 September 2015

French General - A Finish

Finally got to finish my French General Quilt, which I gifted to my Mum for her birthday this week.
I loved it so much I was so tempted to covet it for myself!  But I resisted, well, I guess that's an excuse to make another for myself! 
And Mum loves it!
Front

Back

Label
I basted it using the plank method and machine quilted it myself.  The doily label is a vintage doily I bought some time ago and to which I added the embroidered writing myself.
It feels good to have another quilt finished! 


2 comments:

  1. So beautiful! I'd be hard pressed to know which side I like best, as the backing fabric is gorgeous and I love the idea of the doily. Gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jayne! This one was difficult to part with.

      Delete

Comments Welcome

I welcome your comments; they are little personal notes to me. I enjoy reading what each of you have to say. Thanks for dropping by.